Thursday, January 15, 2009

On Harmony: In You

"I value when people do what they know they should do, what feels right in their hearts, in the face of all the noise. If my noise is harmony, great. If not, equally great. You only have one job-- listen for the harmony. That is what I want most from you. Trust yourself enough, value yourself enough, and empower yourself enough to not to let noise in, even when you feel an overwhelming desire to be kind to the noisemaker. You can be kind to others, and be true to yourself. What is noise from someone one day may be harmony the next day. I listen to all the sounds around me all the time, and love them all, but I only write "new bars into my song" for the ones that enhance the symphony of my life." - Dana Leman

I am publishing this short blog because this really uplifted me today. My newest mom, Dana Leman--mother of wunderkind and child philanthropist, Talia Leman-- wrote me this in one of her usual lovely and inspiring messages. I believe that it may be able to do the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment