Friday, December 26, 2008

Brainstorming YSG... My ideas thus far.

Hey I'm back and with more ideas. Foremost, however, I would like to tell you about my afternoon in brief.

A rarity, I meditated for 7 minutes while listening to this amazing serene music on Youtube. I put it on to help me calm down and sure enough it hit the right spot of my brain to help me relax. Shortly after, I fell into a wonderful sleep (if only I had removed the laundry bags and stuff animals from my bed I could have stayed asleep). I slept for approximately an hour and woke up not necessarily feeling rejuvenated and ready to work or dance (as usual). Instead, my mind was calm.

Let me repeat. My mind was calm. I was not thinking about what I had to do or what I should do nor what I could do. Instead, I thought about the music that put me to sleep. I could not believe it. Quite frankly, I thought I was hypnotized until I heard my grandma's voice from down the hall and then I fell out of my calm trance.

However, as I write this my mind is less rambled than before. So I was able to come up with more ideas for the Spiritual Group.

Just to share my insights in brief.

We will only meet biweekly because the purpose of YSG is not to add more stress or tasks to one's very hectic lifestyle. Instead, the group is designed to relieve stress and this is how I see it coming to fruition.
  1. Relaxation will be the key in YSG. Without a relaxed mind and body, the new knowledge cannot come in to filter out the stress. The relaxation will be exercised through meditation exercises (i.e. yoga and mind relaxing exercises). This will be done first.
  2. Group Forum Discussion - Concerns, Issues, Action Planning. Topics will be determined by group members. Each week a different member will lead the workshop and a more erudite peer will guide him/her. The advice given in the discussion will be to help improve and action plan for a problem, issue or concern. We would not gather to restate issues or concerns as that adds more stress hence combating the serenity of mind that was previously acquired.
  3. Worship & Praise - (Not sure if it should go second or third. You tell me). As a method of reconvening and celebrating our blessings, we will sing songs and hymns to worship together. No one will be obligated to sing songs that are not specific to their religion nor will any one song be advocated over another. Every member will have the opportunity to share songs from their tradition, culture, church or something aligned with spirituality wellness. After a number of worship and praise, we will close with prayer and have fellowship. Once again, this will be team effort. Everybody will take turns bringing items for the fellowship.
Thank you for reading and I hope you spend time each day relaxing through meditation exercises. It is very advantageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment